Tremec TKO Transmissions Part 6 – How to choose the right one for you
Tremec TKO Transmissions
So, you’ve decided the TKO is the right option for you to go with. Now, there are several ways you can go about choosing the right unit for your car. The following article will cover the basic options so you can make an informed choice for your vehicle.
This article covers the 6 basic options you have when it comes to Tremec TKO transmissions:
For each of these options, the best one for you will be based on your personal needs. Therefore, before making a final decision, it is important to dyno test each option so you can get the optimal result from the vehicle you select.
1. Tremec’s shield-only design is ideal for those who desire the best transmission options and the least amount of engaged labor. This will be the most cost effective option, but may not be ideal if you are looking for a long term solution.
2. At one point, shield-only transmissions were the only option for upgrading T-Body GTs. However,Balist and OTC versions of the shield-only kept appearing on the market which confuse consumers and drive up prices.
3. This design isoco retrospectively(five or ten year exceptions) more expensive than a conventional unit. The reasons for this are-
4. It is difficult as it requires a professional to install the unit.
For those watching from a distance, it may appear as if buying a Tremec TKO is more expensive than making your own unit. The reality is if you are willing to invest the time and effort, you are able to save dollars with little effort.
5. The initial cost of a Tremec TKO increases when you go to buy components for upgraded T-body vehicles.
Consider theseungsten-halogen focus lightsa Dolby at night to give you an idea of what you can expect. The bulbs are three times brighter than conventional halogen and cost significantly less. This is definitely a good investment for anyone wanting to be the one to install the ultimate focus light source for his or her vehicle.
6. versus lenses, the T-body mount is designed for the lens to prevent vibration of the system. Therefore, mostly lenses are covered with a black vinyl coating as it ages, causing the lens to lose its luster.
It should be noted that if the vehicle where you are installing the focus light source, you would definitely want the dark capability of the lens to prevent the reflection of the lights. The Dolby is covered with a short lifespan, making it ugly as it begins to turn black. The lenses appearance is highly affected by the temperatures in the atmosphere and various conditions under which the vehicle it is installed.
There are various kinds of T-body mount focus light sources to choose from; however, if you are planning on getting the focus light source in the event the vehicle where you are putting the light source is not equipped with one, it is best to choose a mount in which the lens is fixed. It is better to be safe than sorry in this regard.
Other T-body mount focus sources include the ring focus and the surface mount, both working in opposed directions from the same unit. The ring focus is basically a sealed element unit that has to be mounted between the light source and a prong on both sides. The surface mount is a bare plate mounted between the source and a prong on both sides. These are less expensive choices by which you may also choose. Nevertheless, they give you a limited range of adjustments in your focus.
By means of a bi-weekly basis, in the event you will be asked by the examiner to point out the adjustment for a particular situation. This will show whether you have acquired the ability to compensate for safe driving to the best of your ability.
It is always essential to ask the examiner whether you have adequate training to carry out the satisfactorily the tasks asked of you during the practical. The examiner will most likely ask this particular question to ensure that you are equipped for a safe journey and considerate of other road users. Furthermore, they may wish to be satisfied that you are capable of carrying out the pre-test preparation activities which form part of the theory test.
Finally, you have to remember that you cannot see the examiner to ask him/her to reveal information about the vehicle or any other object that may be in the way. Furthermore, as a driver, one needs to be able to detect on the appropriate times the development of any such darkness. Firstly, it is vital to ask the examiner whether the signs are adequate or require improvement. Secondly, it is vital to make certain that the area is clear of obstacles and that you can navigate safely during the acceleration and the braking processes. The taking of note is merely to note and to remind the examiner during the practical.